2 Week Stay and Train Program $1,600.00
Whats happening in the 2 week program?
- This week our pups go back to the vet for their 9 week check ups (9-week vaccination will be given).
- Your puppy will be introduced to the four feedback words of “yes”, “no”, “sit” and “come” to aid in communication.
- Problems such as jumping up, mouthing (puppy nipping), chewing, etc. will be worked on during this second week.
- Your puppy will be familiar with taking and following treats and wearing a collar and leash. They are introduced to walking on a lead.
- They are fully transitioned from their litter to living with family. Your puppy will be introduced to basic grooming and maintenance such as brushing, ear cleaning, nail trimming, and teeth brushing.
- Your puppy will receive socialization throughout the day with children and other household pets.
This second week of training is invaluable! We first start with shaping the behaviors that we want to see in the pups with positive reinforcement training. The very first word they learn is “yes.” We do this for a specific reason! The very nature of our dogs is to please. They want to do what makes us happy and they learn in this week that the word yes is the correct direction to head.
Beginning the leash training with the puppy is a large part of this week. Leash training takes time and we put in plenty to help our dogs learn to walk on a loose lead and not pull. They begin leash training after they learn the “come” command. This guarantees the pup never gets pulled on the leash making a lasting impression on them. It is their willingness to come that we can use to help them learn the leash.
Our Spots are limited so if you are interested in this program please deposit below.